We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR), the data controller is Team Marvel of The Brewhouse, Dissington Hall, Dalton, Newcastle, NE18 0AD
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is [ ].
What information may we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.teammarvel.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes any information provided when contacting us through our site or when reporting a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you.
Each time you visit our site, we may collect the following information automatically:
- Technical information including your IP address, browser type and version (as well as any plug-ins), login information, time zone setting, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit including the full URL (Uniform Resource Locators) click stream used when navigating our site, details of any products you viewed or searched for, the length of time you spent visiting a page, page response times, download errors and the methods used to navigate (such as clicking and scrolling) a page in our site;
- Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other service we provide. We are work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use of your information
We will use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To administer our site and perform internal operations such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research;
- To improve the way the content is presented for you and on the browser and operating system you use to access our site;
- To keep our site safe and secure;
- To analyse the effectiveness and relevance of advertising we serve to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may be of interest to you or them.
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes listed above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Team Marvel or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about visitors to our site will be one of the transferred assets.
The legal basis on which we hold your personal data
We hold and process your data subject to the following legal basis’s:
- To perform any contract or potential contract we enter with you
- To comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities
- For our legitimate interests including website operation and business compliance
In other circumstances where we require separate consent, you are free to refuse. You can withdraw any consent given by contacting us using the details set out in this policy. This shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing that had been done to your data prior to you withdrawing consent.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, such as support staff. By continuing to use our site and by submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
If we transfer your data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any such transfer is made securely and that there is adequate protection in place in order to protect your personal data, as required by the Act and GDPR.
We will retain your personal information for a minimum of six years and for so long as it is reasonably needed for the purposes for which it was obtained and to comply with our legal obligations. When your data is no longer needed, we will destroy your data using our data destruction processes.
Your data is protected under the Act and GDPR. The regulations give you a number of rights set out below, if you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the details provided above.
Right of access
You can access your personal data that we hold.
Right to rectify
You have the right to rectify or correct any information we hold about you that is inaccurate.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information. This right is not absolute and we may be not be able to delete your personal information if this would prevent us from complying with our legal obligations.
Right to restrict or object to processing
You have the right to object to our processing of your data, or restrict the processing we carry out.
Right to data portability
You have the right to move, copy or transfer your data to another data processor.
Changes to our policy
We may change our policy from time to time. Any changes made will be binding on you and you are expected to check this page from time to time to take note of any changes. Where appropriate, we may email you to make aware of changes to this policy.
We welcome any comments, questions or queries you have about this policy. Please address these to email@example.com